2016 GALA INTERNSHIP
Equality Illinois builds a better Illinois by advancing equal treatment and social justice through education, advocacy and protection of the rights of the LGBT community. We envision a fair and unified Illinois where everyone is treated equally with dignity and respect and where all people live freely regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
We are seeking an intern to support our 25th Anniversary Gala (February 6, 2016). Opportunities in this role include working closely with the development team and CEO to learn about soliciting major sponsorship support, keeping to an event expense budget and meeting revenue targets, leading management of specific aspects of the event, and coordinating volunteers for an event that boasts over 1,400 guests annually. We’re seeking a young professional who is motivated and able to work 15-20 hours/week with perhaps additional hours in the last few weeks prior to the event.
Responsibilities may consist of:
– Assist with smaller events leading up to the main Gala event
– Support volunteer recruitment and management
– Assist in promoting event and inviting donors
– Support coordination of logistics
– Assist in soliciting, organizing, and compiling Silent Auction prizes and packages
– Write, create, and edit online messaging content to promote ticket sales
– Secure ad commitments for commemorative Program Book
– Strong commitment to LGBT rights
– Interest in the following: nonprofit management, fundraising and development, event planning
– Flexibility, organization skills, and willingness to take on a wide variety of tasks
– Strong sense of creativity and innovation
– Excellent communication skills: written and verbal
– Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Start date: ASAP
Training, supervision, and all work materials will be provided. Dress code is work-casual. Location is CTA/Metra accessible; office address is 17 N. State St. Although this internship is unpaid, we are happy to work with you in determining work hours and your educational institution to coordinate internship credit.
Please send your completed resume and cover letter to Michael Nordman, Director of Development at email@example.com ASAP. Candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis until internship is filled.