SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNSHIP
Equality Illinois is one of the Midwest’s largest organizations advocating for full equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people. Equality Illinois is a 501(c)(4) organization, which also has an affiliated 501(c)(3) organization, Equality Illinois Education Project, and an affiliated political action committee, Equality Illinois PAC. The combined budget for Equality Illinois, Equality Illinois Education Project, and Equality Illinois PAC is about $1.7 million. The organization currently has 8 staff members and a team of interns.
We are looking for a creative, e-savvy individual with a sharp eye for design & style as a voluntary digital marketing intern for an internship. The intern in this role will work on extremely fun yet highly professional integrated social, event, and email marketing campaigns. We are committed to providing mentorship to help this intern grow their professional experience, further develop their digital skill set, and expand their network to support future goals. We are looking to put this level of investment into a motivated, dedicated person that is passionate about our cause. If all this sounds like you, then please apply now!
• Firmly commit approximately 10 hours per week to EQIL for the internship.
• Design creative materials in Photoshop (Illustrator/comparable creative suites) and other interesting content to engage followers and drive community-building via social media.
• Write copy, proofread and organize creative, and schedule delivery of emails, social posts, blog posts, etc.
• Help manage marketing campaigns across email, website, & social channels to support event attendance, donation drives, and overall awareness.
• Basic website management (event calendar, minor edits, update brand imagery, etc.).
• Passionate about organization’s mission and creating content around it.
• Interest in social justice and knowledge of LGBT equality issues.
• Must have strong experience with Photoshop or other comparable photo/graphic suites.
• Firm grasp of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.).
• Experience with HTML, WordPress, Hoot Suite, and Mailchimp a major plus.
• Experience with creative writing, blogging, etc. also a plus.
Areas you will learn and grow your experience:
• Digital marketing strategy for professional, organized campaigns.
• Designing original material (i.e. flyers, album covers, & other creative content).
• Non-Profit Fundraising.
• Social Media Marketing.
• Email Marketing.
• Event Marketing.
• Copy Writing & Blogging.
• Hands-on experience with various digital marketing tools.
Internship will be based at Equality Illinois’ main office, located at 17 North State Street, Chicago, with some off-site work to be done.
Hours will vary depending on student’s class schedule and availability.
If interested, please provide below info to apply:
• Resume & a short cover letter outlining your strengths as a candidate and areas in which you are most eager to learn.
• Number of hours you can firmly commit to weekly.
• Any examples of any graphic design work.
• Any social media work or otherwise you have created (any social media acct, blog, marketing campaigns you have worked on, etc.)
• Your social media inspirations. 5 links to any accounts that you admire or influence your style.
Subject Line: Social Media Internship