EI is looking for a Development Intern to assist the Director and Associate of development raise the funds needed which enable us to meet our mission of educating the LGBT and ally community, advocating for laws that protect LGBT individuals and electing pro-equality candidates. Join us and gain valuable experience in non-profit fundraising and development. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to have an impact in a very practical way.
Responsibilities/opportunities may include any combination of:
- Assisting with special projects (event coordinating, small fundraisers, etc)
- Draft correspondence to donors & supporters, assist with mailings
- Soliciting & securing silent auction donations
- Conduct foundation & individual donor prospect research
- Attend donor receptions and fundraisers
- Database management, including data entry
- Making thank you and renewal calls to small-scale donors
The opportunity to take a leadership role on a project is possible depending on experience and hours of availability. Training and supervision will be provided. Dress code is casual.
Intern positions are unpaid. EI offers a flexible schedule, mostly 9am-5pm, and internships are either full or part-time for a semester or specific length of time. Dependability is a must.
Our office is located downtown in the Loop (17 N. State St., Suite 1020) and is easily accessible by a variety of transit and bus lines.
Please email a resume and cover letter to:
Michael Nordman, Director of Development