AIDS Foundation of Chicago and Equality Illinois introduce
Fahrenheit Chicago – Pride South on the Lake
Sunday, August 27 | Oakwood Beach (41st and Lake Shore Drive)
Fahrenheit Chicago brings PRIDE to the South Side of Chicago at a free daylong beach party.
Join us for fun, music, public health awareness, and civic engagement.
On the CALOR-AHF Main Stage
Activities will include a Bid Whist tournament (details here) and volleyball and other beach games.
Featuring FAHRENHEIT HEALTH CENTRAL by Howard Brown Health
Powered by Chicago Department of Public Health Regional Resource Network Program, Rush University Medical Center, ACLU of Illinois, Planned Parenthood of Illinois, Cook County Health and Hospitals System (Austin CBC, South Suburban HIV/AIDS Regional Clinics, and Ruth M. Rothstein CORE Center), Legal Council for Health Justice, University of Chicago Medicine Comer Children’s, Center on Halsted, Great Lakes Coca-Cola Distribution Company
This is a FREE EVENT although donations are appreciated.
– Early arrival and carpooling are highly recommended due to limited parking
– Bring your chairs, tables, BBQ and other picnic treats, etc
– Bring your cups, plates napkins, and cutlery
– Bring your cooler and ice
– Bring garbage bags
– Alcohol is not allowed, so be smart
– Bring a sweater or jacket
– Register to vote
– Take advantage of free health tests
– Enjoy – Mingle and make new friends
– Information about Oakwood Beach–accessibility, parking and transit options–is HERE.
We can’t wait to see you there!