WHAT IS THE OUT + ABOUT: GOOD BUSINESS NETWORK?
The Out + About: Good Business Network recognizes and promotes those businesses actively committed to equality. Equality Illinois is creating an online resource for LGBTQ people to identify and support those local businesses who are actively welcoming to all members of the LGBTQ community. By participating in this directory, your business pledges to be LGBTQ-friendly and shows interest in attracting and welcoming LGBTQ consumers.
WHY IS INCLUSION IMPORTANT?
Illinois law prohibits workplace discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity, but discrimination against LGBTQ workers and customers remains a serious issue. Joining the Out + About: Good Business Network is not only the right thing to do — it is the smart business decision. In a recent nationwide Google survey, 88% of LGBTQ adults and 70% of non-LGBTQ adults were more likely to consider a brand that is known for their LGBTQ-friendliness over a brand that is not known for their LGBTQ-friendliness.
HOW CAN MY BUSINESS PARTICIPATE?
• Pledge to foster a fair and welcoming environment for LGBTQ individuals.
• Contribute to cover the administrative and distribution costs of this program with a modest donation of $25.00.
• Display the Out + About Good Business sticker to identify your business as a fair and welcoming space.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
• List your business in the online Out + About: Good Business Network directory, a resource for our community to identify and support welcoming local businesses in Illinois.
• Promote your business to 50,000 households through Equality Illinois email newsletters.
• Be featured in “Good Business Spotlights” on our social media pages that connect 15,000 supporters, and growing.
• Get involved with Equality Illinois by attending or hosting events and be the first to be notified of diverse, effective advertising opportunities.
PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS. PROMOTE EQUALITY.
Become a member of the Out + About: Good Business Network. Make the pledge here.