PARADE OF DIGNITARIES
Updated January 20, 2022
Here are the protocols governing the Parade of Dignitaries at the Equality Illinois Gala on Saturday, February 5, 2022.
All Gala guests, including participants in the Parade of Dignitaries, must comply with the Gala’s COVID protocols to enter the hotel.
Guests must wear masks during the Parade of Dignitaries.
This participation policy was approved by the Equality Illinois Institute Board of Directors in December 2019.
Individuals may participate in the Parade of Dignitaries ONLY if they meet the following criteria:
- Currently an elected official (including judges), or
- Former elected officials, or
- Candidates for the six statewide constitutional offices (governor, lieutenant governor, attorney general, secretary of state, comptroller, treasurer), or
- Candidates for citywide office (Mayor, Treasurer, Clerk) of the Gala’s host city, or
- Candidates for countywide office (County Board President, State’s Attorney, County Clerk, Clerk of the Circuit Court, County Treasurer, County Sheriff, Metropolitan Water Reclamation District) of the Gala’s host county, or
- Heads of State Agencies or Deputy Governors, or
- Heads of City Agencies of the Gala’s host city
- Candidate for federal office (added January 2022)
Party leaders (i.e. precinct or ward committee people) who do not otherwise hold an elected office are not considered an elected official for purposes of participation in the recognition parade.
For questions, contact Mike Ziri, Director of Public Policy, at email@example.com.